Urgent Care for Seniors
Patients over the age of 60 are generally more susceptible to illness and injury than other age groups. Sometimes, these changes in health arise suddenly and can be alarming. An urgent care clinic like the one at Falcon Urgent Care is the ideal environment for addressing senior health issues in a quick, cost-effective manner.
We are also currently seeing patients virtual telemedicine visits, including senior patients. Falcon Urgent Care is currently the only urgent care clinic in the Cranberry Twp. that has not run out of COVID-19 tests, which can be provided virtually from the safety of your home.
Telemedicine Urgent Care Services for Seniors - Pittsburgh, PA
What senior conditions can you treat via telemedicine?
The team at Falcon Urgent Care is able to provide care for a wide variety of conditions virtually, including (but not limited to):
- Mild allergic reactions
- Asthma concerns
- Pain symptoms
- Coughs and colds
- Stomach upset, nausea and diarrhea
- Non-life-threatening injuries
We are also able to provide COVID-19 testing virtually. Falcon Urgent Care is currently the only urgent care clinic in the Cranberry Twp. that still has COVID-19 tests available.
How does telemedicine at Falcon Urgent Care work?
Telemedicine has proven to be the safest, most efficient way to provide medical care during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Telemedicine can improve your access to medical care and facilitate a safe environment, enabling you to remain at home while speaking with your doctor. Additionally, should you need any tests (including COVID-19 testing), you won’t have to wait at the office for your results.
FAQs on Senior Health & Urgent Care:
How Can Seniors Prepare for An Urgent Care Visit?
It is helpful for us to know your medical history in order to provide you with the best possible care. Please let a doctor or staff member know:
- The name and dosage of medications, over-the-counter drugs, and supplements you currently take.
- Any allergies, especially allergies to medications.
- Any past surgeries and when they occurred.
What Conditions Do You Treat?
Falcon Urgent Care is equipped with a digital x-ray machine and a full lab. We are fully prepared to treat the following conditions:
- Abdominal Pain
- Allergic Reactions
- Back Pain
- Bites and Rashes
- Bladder Infections
- Broken bones
- Common Cold, Sneezing, and Wheezing
- Nausea, Diarrhea & Vomiting
- Earache and Infection
- Flu (We provide flu vaccines)
- Joint Pain
- Kidney Infection & Urinary Tract Infection
- Minor Cuts & Bruises
- Muscle Strain and Sprain
- Pink Eye
- Sinus Pain/Sinusitis
- Skin Irritation and Infection
- Sore/Strep Throat
- Sports Injuries
- Staph Infections
- Swimmer’s Ear
- Fungal Infections (e.g. Ring Worm)
- Vision & Hearing Tests
- Athlete's Foot
When Should I Go To The ER?
If you are experiencing life-threatening symptoms, go to the nearest hospital emergency facility. Potentially life-threatening symptoms include:
- Persistent chest pain and shortness of breath
- Difficulty speaking or understanding speech
- Loss of balance, sudden vision changes, weakness or paralysis (especially on one side of the body)
- Altered mental state
- Large, open wounds or wounds that won’t stop bleeding
- Serious head and fall-related injuries
- Severe headache
- Deep burns or burns caused by electricity or chemicals
- Severe, persistent vomiting/diarrhea
- Persistently high fever with a rash
- Severe allergic reactions
What If I Don’t Have Insurance?
We offer affordable self-pay rates for those without health insurance. Our continuing goal is to keep urgent care affordable for everyone.